Update on Vision UK and the Vision Strategy Transition Programme
- Post date:
- Friday, 11 August 2017
Vision UK will support the delivery of a new collaborative ambition for change. It will bring together the work of the UK Vision Strategy team, VISION 2020 UK and the England Vision Strategy team, and will work with partners from across the eye health and sight loss sectors to deliver an agreed set of UK-wide ambitions and priority areas.
Vision UK was officially launched in June by newly appointed Chief Executive Keith Valentine at the annual Vision UK conference. Keith has been appointed by the Vision Strategy Transition Programme Board, which was established to take forward the learning from the ‘Shaping the Future Report’, published following the six-month evaluation and consultation of the 2013 – 2018 UK Vision Strategy.
- We are currently working in parallel to form Vision UK as a legal entity, transition UK Vision Strategy work and resources, and to dissolve VISION 2020 UK. The official transition from VISION 2020 UK to Vision UK will happen by 1 October 2017.
- As part of this work, we will be working to close the UK Vision Strategy website, eNews and social media channels over this transition period and will keep you notified about these activities.
- A shadow Trustee Board and a Delivery Board are in the process of being formed for Vision UK.
- Business planning is well underway for Vision UK. UK-wide priorities will be established for the period 2018 - 2021. Work for England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales will be country led and be supported by Vision UK.
- If you would like further detail about Vision UK please contact Matt Broom, CEO VISION 2020 UK M.Broom@VISION2020UK.org.uk