London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine: Accepting Applications/Scholarships 2016/2017
- Post date:
- Thursday, 26 November 2015
The International Centre for Eye Health is currently accepting applications for the annual MSc Public Health for Eye Care 2016-2017 through the LSHTM online application system. This course aims to provide eye health professionals with the public health knowledge and skills required to reduce blindness and visual disability in their setting.
The training will enable them to:
- Develop a public health approach to eye care services and the control of blindness in keeping with the objectives of VISION 2020: The Right to Sight
- Acquire and apply skills in epidemiological and operational research in eye health
- Adopt public health strategies in planning and managing eye care programmes
- Facilitate personal development, enabling individuals to contribute more fully to their countries’ and societies’ eye health
- Engage with local, national and international networks of health professionals and systems, for the prevention of blindness worldwide
Students will be expected to have either a degree in medicine or a second class honours degree of a recognized university in science/health related subject. Students are expected to be health care professionals involved in eye care; or to have appropriate technical qualifications and work experience. Early application is encouraged and we recommend applying by 1 March 2016. However, applications are always considered until all places on the course have been filled.
Fully funded scholarships available for Commonwealth Nationals. Scholarship applications are available at: http://iceh.lshtm.ac.uk/scholarships-msc-public-health-eye-care-applicants/
Admission guidelines are on the LSHTM website:http://www.lshtm.ac.uk/study/masters/mscphec.html
For more information: Contact, ICEH Student and Alumni Engagement Officer, Romula Fabunan at Romulo.Fabunan@Lshtm.ac.uk